"like Ghengis Khan on an iron horse, a monster steed with a fiery anus, flat out through the eye of a beer can and up your daughter's leg with no quarter asked and none given..."

Hunter S. Thompson

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blood, Sweat and Motor Oil

Introductions are always lame.  In the movie industry that's why superhero sequels are best.  The origin story eats up so much time in the first movie there's hardly any room left for action.  That said, they're a necessity, so here goes:  Name's John.  I'm a college bum.  An intellectual jack of all trades and master of none.  You name it, I've studied it--briefly.  I've been spinning the proverbial wheels in school for a while now, and I've decided it's time to start spinning some real wheels on the pavement and in life.  There's an awfully big world outside my window and it's time I saw some of it.  

So what's the point of this, the newest blog in the glut of amateur writing that clogs the tubes (or is it the trucks?) of the internet?  Couple months back I made the best purchase of my life.  A BMW R1200C Phoenix.  The most beautiful motorcycle I've ever laid eyes on.  


If I had a million bucks rapidly burning a hole through my linty pockets there's not another bike on this Earth I'd buy.  To say I'm infatuated would be an understatement.  And to that carload of college babes who pulled up beside me at a red light and whooped and cheered me on, you totally justified every last cent I spent.  

That's all well and good, but where am I going with this?  From DC to California and as many states in between, that's where.  This blog will chronicle my journey from the planning stages to the trip itself.  It will be fraught with adventure, pain, comaraderie and maybe even a dash of love.  This is a journey of blood, sweat and motor oil.  So read on all ye who dare, and share with me in this adventure of a lifetime.  

2 comments:

  1. You ganna have so much fun out there. Whatever you do, have a safe journal. Keep blogging of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the former owner of that beautiful bike - I couldn't have sold it to better guy!! Can't wait to see the adventure you two have!

    ReplyDelete